President of Positive Connections® (formerly The Haggerty Group),
a management consulting firm founded in 1985, which specializes in connecting
organizations and individuals through positive strategies in communication,
networking and presentation skills. Professional speaker, author, and
Certified "Woman Business Enterprise."
AT&T INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- 1985 - Operations Manager, Integrated Service Management (ISM),
Parsippany, NJ. Directed market development and sales strategy for
International Services Management (ISM) which gave customers a single
national source for service requirements and included technical consulting,
project management and operations administration.
- 1984 - Operations Manager, National Services Management, Morristown,
NJ. Directly accountable to the President, Services Division, for
the development, implementation, and sales of service support to all
AT&T-Information Systems resale channels, including retailers, OEMs,
VARs, and secondary markets brokers. Sold over $15M in service agency
contracts to resellers within a nine-month period. Established service
center to provide order entry and billing support to resellers. Entire
staff rated outstanding performers for 1984.
- 1983 - Executive Assistant to the Vice President, Business Services,
responsible for marketing, personnel and support services. Performed
organizational planning and design, integrated operations plans, and
recommended revenue/expense budgets for Division.
AMERICAN TELEPHONE & TELEGRAPH COMPANY
- 1982 - District Manager, Marketing Operations, Basking Ridge, NJ.
Appointed to national task force planning the divestiture of the Bell
Operating Companies from AT&T. Designed the national marketing operations
plan for a customer base generating over $6B in annual revenues.
- 1981 - Staff Manager, Southern Bell Headquarters, Atlanta, GA. Directed
company-wide marketing program for the fifty largest customers in
Southern Bell. Internal Bell System results ranked first nationally.
- 1980 - Staff Manager, Southern Bell Headquarters, Atlanta, GA. Researched,
wrote, and published implementation procedures for all data products
and services marketed by Southern Bell.
- 1977 - Director, Executive Communications Center, Miami, FL. Developed
and conducted multi-media sales presentations for over 100 person
sales force directly resulting in over $3.5M in sales. Management
recruiter for 300 person marketing organization.
- 1974 - Manager, Customer Education, Miami, FL. Managed organization,
including four locations and fifty-five person staff, responsible
for client training and evaluations of clients' service. Improved
results to rank in top ten percent nationally.
- 1972 - Account Executive, South Florida Marketing, Miami, FL. Sold
telecommunications products and services in the financial market in
Dade County. Achieved sales results in top two percent for 1972.
- 1969-1972 - Held various part-time and full-time administrative
positions prior to joining Southern Bell.
- MBA, Mercer University, Atlanta, Georgia, 1982. Major in Personnel
and Human Resources Management.
- BA, Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota, 1969. Major in English
Literature, Minor in Religion/Music.
- Board of Directors - Hyssong Family Ministries
- Board of Directors - Garden Gate Ministries
- Past Chair - Board of Directors, Florida Breast Cancer Foundation
- Past President - Pennsylvania Speakers Association
- Past President, LeTip of York
- Past President, Society for Advancement of Management, Atlanta
- Featured author in : The Sales Coach, The Communication Coach, The
Masters' Collection, Confessions of Shameless Self Promoters, Uplift,
and Heartwarmers of Love. Featured in LA Times, Entrepreneur, Latina,
Personal Excellence, Me!, Step into Success, among others.
- 1983 AT&T-United Way Special Recognition Award
- Who's Who - Finance and Industry (1981-1982); Who's Who - South
and Southwest (1980-1981); Who's Who - American Women (1979-1980)
- National Merit Scholar (1966-1969)